Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Creepy Tunes

I’ve been wondering about what my partner and I are gonna do about the music in our film opening. I like the idea of a creepy song playing in the background and I was even humming the song Mr Sandman while we worked on our storyboard because I think that song is really creepy and works well with horror. The song was even used in Halloween 2 and last year when I went to Halloween horror nights, the song was playing outside the Halloween house which was inspired by the movie. There was also a remake of the song that I heard playing in the show Bates Motel, which is a spin-off from the movie Psycho. For our project I think we should have a song playing in the background but also have diagetic sounds that the audience can hear. If we end up using background music I really want to use Mr Sandman but I’m not sure if it’s royalty free or if I have to get the rights to it so I’m definitely gonna look into that

If we’re not able to use the song then I’m gonna try to find another creepy song or maybe we just wont have any background music at all. If we don’t have any music then we’ll probably have to make foley sounds. I don’t think I’d mind making the Foley sounds because the sound project was my favorite project so far in the class and I had fun making it. I was also thinking about using stings to make our opening more intense and dramatic .

No comments:

Post a Comment